Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Not Frustrated at all Today

Today was one of those days everyone who works as a freelance writer dreams about. The stars have aligned. I finally found time to go through email and found that tiny streams of money from various sites have been trickling into my PayPal account. I noticed these emails as they came in, but none showed amounts large enough for me to stop what I was doing and transfer the money. 


It's not often that so many sites pay out within days. But when these days do come together, you see that the potential is there to keep plugging away putting content up at those obscure sites you really don't count on. This little windfall, along with the payouts I'm expecting this week will allow me to back off and really devote time to my own projects.


The motivation of the unexpected payments kept me working all day with few breaks, and I've had one of the most productive days in recent memory. I know that this is all a fluke, but I also realize that my stats overall are trending up, so in the future this might become the norm. Someday in the future.


I'm not bragging here. It wasn't THAT much money. But is was more than I expected.


So I'm sharing with hopes that anyone who may not have had as good a day as I had today might get encouragement. Especially those of you just starting out who may be tempted to just give up because it seems no one is reading them and they have only earned pennies. You know who you are. I talked to one of you just last night.


If you enjoy it, keep at it. Someday your stars will align, and you, to, will see your progress.


All written content ©2010 Patrice Campbell unless otherwise noted.

2 comments:

Deborah Aldridge said...

I'm so happy you had a good day. Not so good here, but I did get stuff done, just nothing written. Not true, I guess. I did write a blog post.

Suz Alicie said...

Yay for good days! I had one of those on Monday, I'm looking forward to my next one desperately!